Easily browse and intuitively place assets within scenes, key animation workflow enhancements, and continued development on powerful nodes system…
S24 Feature Highlights
- Placement Tools: Cinema 4D S24 sets the stage for creativity with intuitive and powerful tools for placing objects within a scene. Creating an environment, adding props and creative exploration is as simple as dragging-and-dropping objects onto one another, painting objects onto a surface, or allowing objects to fall into place with the help of dynamics.
- New Asset Browser: Makes it easy to find and use models, materials and other assets in your 3D scenes. Browse and search online or local asset databases, including a vast library of assets available to C4D subscribers. Assets are organized with rich metadata and keywords and are downloaded and cached locally on demand.
- Animation Workflow Enhancements: Cinema 4D S24 adds more powerful animation workflow enhancements and builds upon the success of character animation features introduced in R23. Everyone who creates keyframes will enjoy improved curve evaluation and other workflow enhancements, while Character Animators will enjoy even more powerful retargeting and pose workflows.
- Scene Manager/Scene Nodes: Experience first-hand how things are taking shape as work continues on Cinema 4D’s new core. Cinema 4D S24 introduces the Scene Manager, the spiritual successor to Cinema 4D’s Classic Object Manager. Use powerful node-based assets to construct procedural geometry or entire scenes in this new hierarchy-based view or view the same objects in a continually evolving Scene Nodes editor.
Recommended System Requirements
Windows 10 64-bit Version 1809 or higher
Intel 64-bit CPU or AMD 64-bit CPU with SSE3 support
8 GB RAM, recommended 16 GB
macOS 10.14.6 or higher, macOS 10.15.7 is recommended due to a number of Metal enhancements which will improve the performance, stability and interaction with the viewport.
Intel-based Apple Macintosh or Apple M1-powered Mac
4 GB RAM, recommended 8 GB
- Linux Command-Line Rendering:
CentOS 7, 64-bit
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, 64-bit
- Online connection required.
Recommended minimum resolution 1920×1080
Minimum: NVIDIA Maxwell GPU (GeForce 900 series card or higher), AMD Polaris (AMD GCN 4) or higher (Radeon RX 400 card or higher), Intel Kaby Layke or newer supporting DirectX 12 with feature level 11.0
Minimum GPU Driver: NVIDIA 461.40, AMD 21.3.2, Intel 184.108.40.20668
Metal: macOS GPUFamily1 v3 or higher (see about this Mac → System report → Graphics/Displays)
GPU: only official supported hardware by Apple (feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3+)
e-GPU: only official supported hardware
Although Cinema 4D supports all DirectX 12 feature level 11.0 or Metal GPUFamily1 v3-capable graphics cards, we recommend using a dedicated 3D graphics card with an AMD or NVIDIA chip set. For Intel GPUs we recommend 16 GB of RAM due to integrated GPUs using up to the half of the computer’s available RAM.
Maxon is not responsible for the compatibility of individual graphics cards with the DirectX 12, OpenCL or Metal mode. Due to the large number and types of available chip sets, operating systems and driver versions we cannot guarantee the compatibility of all systems.
Please make sure that you always use the most current official graphics card driver (no beta versions).